CHÂTEAU GRAND JEAN - AOP BORDEAUX MOELLEUX
The DULON family have been winemakers from father to son for more than 250 years in the Entre Deux Mers area. Château Grand Jean is the oldest vineyard of Dulon’s family.
Beneath its pale colour with slightly golden reflections is a nose of ripe fruit with subtle notes of honey. The palate reveals a fine balance of sweetness with intense fruit aromas and a beautiful freshness.
This mellow wine will be appreciated as an aperitif served chilled, with fresh cheeses or fruit-based desserts.
- Appellation : AOP BORDEAUX MOELLEUX YEAR?
- Blend : 90 % Sémillon, 10 % Sauvignon Blanc
- ABV : ??? %
- Soil : Clay-limestone soil. Mechanical harvesting early in the morning to keep the maximum freshness and avoid oxidation.
Alcoholic fermentation is stopped when the desired level of sugar in the wine is reached by a reasoned sulphiting.
- Yield : Annual production 20000
- Winemaking : Samples of grapes are taken and tasted in order to harvest them at optimum ripeness, and extract the best of each terroir’s characteristics. Pressing with selection of must followed by cold maceration during 3 to 6 days. In order to stop fermentation with the desired sugar rate, we proceed to a calculated sulphiting. After that, there are filtering and bottling at the property.
- Color : Light yellow gold colour.
- Nose : Nose of ripe fruits with notes of honey and candied fruits.
- Palate : The mouth is well balanced between sweetness and freshness.
- Serving temperature : Between 8° and 10°C.
- Preservation : 3 years
- Food pairings : This wine would be appreciated to consume during an aperitif, with fruity desert, foie gras or cheeses.
• Gold Medal Gilbert & Gaillard Awards 2017.
• Silver Medal Los Angeles Wine Competition 2016.
• Gold Medal Gilbert & Gaillard Awards 2020.